Handling of Personal Information
1. Basic Policy
Candeo Hotels respect and comply with laws, regulations and social order regarding the protection of personal information, and endeavor to appropriately handle and protect all personal information received.
2. Acquisition, Use and Provision of Personal Information
Personal information will be obtained by appropriate means, and the purpose of use will be announced, notified, and clearly indicated when being acquired. Candeo Hotels works to ensure that personal information is not used beyond the scope of the purpose of use unless provided with the consent of the relevant individual. In addition, when providing or disclosing personal information to a third party, we will follow the procedures stipulated by relevant laws and regulations.
3. Purpose of Use of Personal Information
Personal information (including your name, address, date of birth, school name, name of workplace, telephone number, email address, etc.) that is acquired by Candeo Hotels will be used for the following purposes:
- For providing information on various services related to your accommodation (including to communicate with you, provide you with documentation, arrangements, billing etc.)
- For providing information on various products, services, special offers and events.
- For analysis of customer trends to aid in the development of products and services as mentioned in the preceding two items
- For employment screening purposes when hiring new staff members
Personal information may be provided to third parties within the scope necessary to achieve the purpose of use for the preceding four items.
4. Provision of Personal Information to Third Parties
Personal information obtained by Kandeo Hotels including your name, address, and required information about your family may be provided to third parties by letter, mail, phone, fax, email, advertising media etc. within the scope necessary to achieve the purpose of use, and based on the provisions of relevant laws and regulations.
If you wish, you can prohibit the provision of your personal information to third parties; however, this does not apply to any separate agreements where you have given consent for third parties to have access to your personal information.
5. Security Management Measures for Personal Information
Candeo Hotels will manage personal information properly and carefully, and take necessary and appropriate safety management measures to prevent unauthorized access, loss, falsification, leakage, etc. of personal information.
- If a booking request does not conform with the provisions of these Terms.
- If the hotel is fully booked and no rooms are available.
- If you are recognized as an individual who has acted or attempted to act in a way that is against laws, regulations or public policy.
- If you can be clearly detected as carrying an infectious disease.
- If you are severely intoxicated or in a similar situation where you are thought to likely significantly inconvenience or cause problems for other guests. This includes both situations where your speech or conduct is expected to create a significant inconvenience for other guests.
- If you are recognized as a member of or affiliated with an organized crime group, or a member of any other anti-social force or movement.
- If you engage in violence, threats, extortion or coercive demands against our hotel or its employees.
- If your requests towards our hotel are deemed to be an unreasonable burden.
- If our hotel is unable to provide accommodation due to natural disasters, issues with our facilities, or other unavoidable circumstances.
6. Entrustment to the Handling of Personal Information
The handling of personal information obtained by Candeo Hotels may be outsourced.
In these situations, we will select a person within Kandeo Hotels who takes sufficient security measures to protect personal information, and appoint them to supervise this outsourcing to a necessary and appropriate extent.
7. Procedures for Disclosure and Correction of Personal Information
If you contact Candeo Hotels via the method we stipulate separately, we will respond without delay to any requests you may have in relation to disclosure, correction, suspension, etc. of personal information in a timely manner.
8. Inquiries about Personal Information
If you have any inquiries, comments or requests regarding the handling of personal information, please contact us at the following address.
7th floor, Urban Shimbashi Building, 4-5-1 Shimbashi, Minato-ku, Tokyo 105-0004
Candeo Hospitality Management, Inc.